Connecting Your Future
Everett Transit's Long Range Plan
Everett Transit has connected the city of Everett’s neighborhoods and employment centers since 1893. Now it is time to think about connecting your future. In the next 20 years, Everett’s population is expected to grow by 40 to 60 percent. We need to keep pace with these changes and plan for our future transportation options through this long range planning process.
Everett Transit has developed a Draft Long Range Plan – our plan to meet the demand for local transit service for the next 20 years.
Scroll down to view the Draft Long Range Plan and provide your feedback, and for more information on the long range planning process
Listening to the community
We conducted our first vision outreach process in June 2017, where we reached out to the community, providing information on our plan and requesting feedback through our transit values survey.
You can watch the video of
We had over 1,000 people interacting with us either online or in person, and we received over 400 surveys that helped us understand your transit priorities and values. People told us to:
- Keep working on our mission of local service, and
- Focus on greater coverage and higher frequency service.
Over 1,000 people engaged with us again during our second phase of outreach, either online or in person, and we again received over 400 surveys that helped us understand which service options community members value. You let us know that we should focus on the frequency service option but incorporate some elements from the coverage service option.
Draft Long Range Plan
To help us plan for the future, we looked at population and job growth, how the regional transit network will grow and change, emerging technologies and your transit priorities. We also completed a financial scenario analysis to help us understand the costs of our current and future network.
After hearing from you this fall, we developed a Growth Network Plan – our plan to meet the demand for local transit service for the next 20 years. Specifically, the Growth Network Plan restructures and prioritizes service to support increased density and regional transit investments. This plan will:
Click here to view a PDF of the image above.
Click on the map to view a PDF of it.
- Increased frequency in downtown Everett
- New service between Waterfront and Riverfront
- More direct service on Broadway and 19th Avenue Southeast
- Direct service between the proposed Mariner light rail station and Everett Mall
- Increased frequency on West Casino Road
- Restructured service:
- From the Boeing-area to the Seaway Transit Center
- In Evergreen and Pinehurst to better connect to future light rail and Boeing
- To Paine Field and throughout Southwest Everett to connect to Everett Mall and future light rail
Funding near-term and long-term serviceToday’s dollars don’t go as far in the future. We need to consider how to fund near-term and long-term service in the city to make sure we can get you where you need to go into the future.
Looking to the futureIn order to implement the Growth Network Plan and meet the city’s transit needs into the future, we will identify funding options and develop a funding strategy in the next few years. The Long Range Plan is independent of the City’s funding strategy; this is our vision for the future!
Funding today’s serviceThrough our financial analysis, we determined that our current level of service is not financially sustainable. We are considering options for funding our vision for the future, but we will still have to make some changes to current service to ensure that we remain financially sustainable. We call this our sustainable network. In the next couple of years, we’ll see how we can save additional funds by making adjustments to the following, as part of the sustainable network:
- Fare structure
- Paratransit policy
- Additional fixed-route service adjustments
- Operational efficiencies
The time for feedback is now!We want to hear from you about the Draft Long Range Plan. Specifically, we want to know whether you would support a proposal like the Growth Network Plan. Click on the icons below to access the full Draft Long Range Plan and provide your feedback. We will be collecting feedback on the Draft Long Range Plan until March 30.
Question & Answer Session
MARCH 7 | 6:30 p.m.
3201 Smith Ave
Dan Snow Room (4th floor)
Presentations at other meetings
FEB 28 | 12:30 p.m.
3002 Wetmore Ave
City Council Chambers
MAR 6 | 6:30 p.m.
3002 Wetmore Ave
City Council Chambers
MAR 15 | 9 a.m.
Transportation Advisory Committee
3200 Cedar St
Spada Conference Room
MAR 26 | 4:30 p.m.
Council of Neighborhoods
2930 Wetmore Ave
8th Floor Conference Room
Our goal is to develop a Long Range Plan that reflects the values and vision of our community.
Everett Transit will use your input to refine the Long Range Plan and present it to Everett City Council, and explore long-term funding strategies in the next few years. In the meantime, Everett Transit will be working to make near-term service adjustments and implement the sustainable network in order to remain financially sustainable.
The sustainable network will go into effect with our next service change in 2019. You can expect to hear from us this summer, when we’ll ask for your feedback on the specifics of the service change.
- Click Notify Me to receive notifications when we make updates.
- For questions, comments, or to request a project briefing, contact Sabina Popa at 425-257-8805 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stop by and chat with us when we are out-and-about in the community. Scroll up to check out our upcoming events and meetings.
Translations and accessibility
- Our web materials can be translated into over 100 languages via google translate. To translate this page into another language, click “select language” in the top right corner.
- Alternative formats or additional translated information can be made available: 425-257-7777 or TTY relay: 711
- For information on Everett Transit website accessibility, click here.
- Long Range Plan Brochure May 2017 Russian
- Long Range Plan Brochure May 2017 Spanish
- ET LRP Visioning Workshop - Presentation
- ET LRP Visioning Workshop - Display Boards
- Long Range Plan Brochure May 2017
- Service Options Drop-In Sessions - Presentation
- Service Options Drop-In Sessions - Display Boards
- Long Range Plan Fact Sheet October 2017
- Long Range Plan Fact Sheet October 2017 Russian
- Long Range Plan Fact Sheet October 2017 Spanish
- Phase 1 Visioning Outreach Summary
- Full Draft Long Range Plan February 2018
- Phase 2 Service Options Outreach Summary